Thursday, March 3, 2011

What I'm Reading

What I'm currently reading is a memoir by Haruki Murakami entitled, What I Talk About When I Talk About Running.

Ironically, I am not a runner -- it is embarrassing to admit that it's not that I don't run, I actually can't run. I was on my high school track team, but I wasn't very good and, let's face it, whatever speed and nimbleness I may have at one time possessed evaporated a long time ago.

So why this book? My friend Jane shared a link to a podcast conducted by Creative Screenwriting Magazine that featured a group interview with all the Oscar nominated screenwriters from last month's Academy Awards. There is so much awesome insight to be gleaned from this interview and I hope you will listen to it.

One of the questions asked of the panelists had to do with books they had read that had helped them with their writing careers and this book, What I Talk About When I Talk About Running, was one of the more unusual titles mentioned. So, of course, I had to run out and get it.

What about you? What books have helped you with advice for your writing career? Inquiring minds want to know!

xoxo,
bex

No comments:

Post a Comment