Friday, March 18, 2011

Friday Check-In

This week was all about getting the first ten pages right. I went back to the drawing board and introduced a new thread that I think will make the rest of the book more compelling because it ups the romantic conflict. We shall see.

The ten pages were in submission for a future pitch appointment, so while we await that meeting we will be working on sewing that thread throughout the rest of the book.

Another awesome friend critiqued my query letter so that piece of the puzzle is ready. Now we must get the rest of the book fixed so that we can get it out on submission.

This post feels like a repeat of one -- or many -- I have already written on a Friday check-in, but what I am learning about my process, at least when it comes to revision, is that it can last infinitely. You just reach a point where you have to pull the trigger and launch the book into the world. But not yet . . . I have this one last pass to go.

And then . . .

xoxo,
bex

No comments:

Post a Comment