Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday Check-In

I got some more feedback on my wip this week -- it echoed the stuff I heard last week, which is helpful and has spurred some energy to tackle the mounting work that I need to do. This is my last pass revision. Once I get these threads tweaked I am going to start sending the book out on submission to agents.

Having said that, there's just one more to-do item standing in my way: the query. The synopsis is not great, but at least it is written. I have a draft of a query but think I need to devote a little more work to it to try to make it snap.

I promised that if I came across helpful tools I would share them here, and there is one in particular that has been useful to me in this query adventure. There is an e-book on Amazon written by Noah Lukeman called, How to Write a Great Query Letter: Insider Tips and Techniques for Success. It's a pretty helpful resource and at $0.99 it's a steal!

Any other tips you query writers out there might want to share? Inquiring minds want to know!

xoxo,
bex

No comments:

Post a Comment