Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Check-In

This week's task still had everything to do with revisions. I made a little bit more progress on them, which are great baby steps forward on this book.

I also got the chance to reflect on my writing process over the past week and realized I could do some things that might improve my process over time. I keep telling myself that there is no wrong process, nor is there an absolute right one -- just what is right for each person. Still, I think I could help myself along by taking a step back and learning from some of the authors I admire.

This realization was helpful and made me feel better after a disappointing Friday. (I entered my book in a contest and did not do as well as I expected.) Every disappointment is a learning opportunity. It's not necessarily overcoming the disappointment, though that is important too . . . It's about what you do with that news to make things better for the future that is the true test. Here's to investing the time, doing the work, and reaping the benefits for a better outcome the next time around!

xoxo,
bex

No comments:

Post a Comment