Thursday, February 17, 2011

What I'm Reading

It's been a busy week because I have been actually working on my book! Still, in between doctor's appointments and a few restless nights I was able to start reading the next of the many books on my TBR pile: Posh by Lucy Jackson.

The book takes a look at the lives of a number of characters involved with an elite prep school in Manhattan. Students, teachers, and parents. I was at first attracted to the book because I thought it had much in common with some of the more adult YA books being written, but having finished reading it I think I would characterize it as more of a general fiction book.

I really enjoyed it. To quote a friend of mine, "I like observing the rich in their natural habitat." Reading books like these gives me a glimpse of what life might be like in this completely alternate universe.

Get to your local library to check it out!

xoxo,
bex

No comments:

Post a Comment