Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday Check-In

This week felt like a good week. We got a little taste of spring after several relentless weeks of snow, sleet, and ice. I bounced off the walls like a fifth grader anticipating summer vacation.

But it was a good week, too, because I made progress on the book. Somewhere in between doctors' appointments, physical therapy, work, and family stuff, I got through the complete draft. It has been wrapped up and shipped off for review by an awesome someone who offered to read it and critique it. I can't thank her enough for her time and help.

It's quite possible that I will get the book back and it will look all red and carved up like the careless victim in a bloody slasher film. But for now I want to revel in this feeling of accomplishment.

Next up? Start pulling together the random pieces for my next secret project and see if I can begin to make sense of the elements I want to weave together. And of course, wait and see in what kind of shape my recent manuscript returns to me.

What are you reading or writing these days? Inquiring minds want to know?

xoxo,
bex

No comments:

Post a Comment