Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Academy Awards Anticipation!

I love movies and one of my dreams is to write one. And sell the screenplay. And see that the film actually gets made. It's a one-in-a-million shot, like the lottery, but you can't win if you don't play.

I have a screenplay that I have been toying with for a few years now... some scenes are more fleshed out while others I have not yet been able to bring into focus. I am excited by the idea, I just need to keep practicing so I can execute it. One of my writing idols is Nancy Meyers and I would love to follow her model.

Watching the triumvirate of award shows just inspires me that much more to work hard on this aspect of my writing. With the Oscars coming up, my hope takes on a more urgent longing and I know I need to make better progress on my screenwriting learning curve.

In addition to the awards themselves, I am so excited for the red carpet. I love football, but, really, this is my Super Bowl. Who are you rooting for on Oscar night? Inquiring minds want to know!

xoxo,
bex

No comments:

Post a Comment