Monday, February 7, 2011

Revision Challenges

On my Friday check-ins I have mentioned that I am trying to work my way through a revision of my current manuscript. I have such difficulty with revisions because I don't really know how to do it. When I mention this to a number of my writer friends, they laugh at me. I suppose I should have a better grasp on the exercise, but I don't so I am always looking for help and advice in how one actually goes about fixing a draft when you can't necessarily see what needs fixing.

So I turned to Google to see if I could find some helpful guidance and I stumbled across an article written by Holly Lisle. She offers some great insight on how she tackles revisions and some helpful advice to just dive in and get started. I am still not sure I know what I'm doing, but at least now I have some guiding principles to give me a starting point.

As I find more resources that have been useful to me, I will share them in case they might help you, too. In the meantime, if you have any helpful hints please pass them along. Inquiring minds want to know!

xoxo,
bex

No comments:

Post a Comment