Friday, February 25, 2011

Friday Check-In

It's Friday again and while I am really, really happy the weekend is here I also can't believe how fast this week went. I had another busy week and I have not managed my stress well so this Friday I feel fried and burnt out and in need of a nap.

Tomorrow marks another day devoted to writing time and I am facing the prospect of starting my new secret project. This idea has been percolating in the back of my mind for about a year, and you would think that after all that time I would be ready to start writing it. Not true!

I am in what I feel like is a necessary pre-writing stage this time around, working out some of the conflict points for my story outline and digging deeper into character motivation. It is exciting and a little nerve-wracking, too -- I just want to make good decisions about the book early on so that the latter stages of writing it won't be as painful. Those stages will still be hard (they always are!) but I am hoping that good work now will lead to better work later.

What is your pre-writing regimen? Inquiring minds want to know!

xoxo,
bex

No comments:

Post a Comment