Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What I'm Reading

I got some great reading done over my recent vacation, and I tried to read outside my writing genre as much as I could. I couldn't wait to jump into The Black Order by James Rollins. Part spy novel, part historical thriller, it was a detailed and intricate book that had me wishing I could read faster. This is the first book of his that I've read, but it's the eighth one in his Sigma series. You don't have to read the first seven to get the eighth one . . . and I am glad there are so many others out there to be read!

Here is more info on the book, taken directly from his web site:

In Copenhagen...a suspicious bookstore fire propels Commander Gray Pierce on a relentless hunt across four continents - and into a terrifying mystery surrounding horrific experiments once performed in a now-abandoned laboratory buried in a hollowed-out mountain in Poland.

In the mountains of Nepal...in a remote monastery, Buddhist monks inexplicably turn to cannibalism and torture - while Painter Crowe, director of Sigma Force, begins to show signs of the same baffling, mind-destroying malady...and Lisa Cummings, a dedicated American doctor, becomes the target of a brutal, clandestine assassin.

Now only Gray Pierce and Sigma Force can save a world suddenly in terrible jeopardy. Because a new order is on the rise - an annihilating nightmare growing at the heart of the greatest mystery of all: the origin of life.

I hope you will give it a look!

xox,

bex

No comments:

Post a Comment