Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday Follow-Up

Last week I mentioned that I'd be attending a writing conference over the weekend, which I did and had a blast. It was great to catch up with writer friends that I hadn't seen in a while, meet new ones, and get some great ideas about my current and future books.

I also met with an agent, which did not go as I had hoped or expected, but I got some great feedback that I think will really help me with my manuscript. (And yes, this will equal even MORE revisions, though I hope they will be minor.) It was an interesting experience in that I feel strongly enough about my book to heed my instincts on where I think she is wrong and where I think she is being helpful. It took me years to develop not only this knowledge but also the confidence in this knowledge. It is a huge blessing, too, that my support system keeps encouraging me and keeps me sane with reminders that one person's opinion can be helpful but it is not absolute or necessarily right or even the best. I am getting better at trusting my instincts.

So, much fun and a little bit of progress from the weekend. It was great! What were you guys up to this weekend? Inquiring minds want to know!

xoxo,
bex

No comments:

Post a Comment