Sunday, May 23, 2010

Vision Boards and Goal Setting

I attended a motivational seminar a few weeks ago and the presenter discussed a number of different things that we can do to help us reach our goals. One big thing he emphasized is that we should leave notes for ourselves in plain view to serve as constant reminders of those goals we want to meet. These reminders can consist of frequently viewing note cards we create, sticking post-it notes on our mirrors, or mounting a big collage that shows visual representations of our goals. He stressed the importance of creating these vision boards so that we can see what our dreams look like, imprint those images in our subconscious, and work - both consciously and subconsciously - toward our goals. In his words, once we know where we want to go we can work on the 'how' part of getting there. The vision board puts the 'where' where we can see it.

I am in the process of pulling together the images for my own vision board (the one here is a cool example I found on the Internet) and I can't wait to start putting it all together. Do you guys do vision boards? What kinds of things do you include on them? Inquiring minds want to know!

xoxo,
bex

1 comment:

  1. I've never been a huge visual person -- I'm far more audio oriented. I'd much rather have words to look at than photos. I hang quotes that inspire me around the house instead of using a vision board. That said, I know people have had tremendous success with them.

    ReplyDelete